Sunday, November 30, 2014

Day 4: Surrender

Saw a great quote by Pema Chodron on Facebook today. She is an amazing spiritual teacher. Essentially the quote states that whatever we resist will persist. This isn't the first time I have heard this quote and I have found it to be very true. Generally the things that I don't want to face, the things I ignore become bigger problems over time. Sometimes those things are too difficult to face given the space I am at that particular time in my life.

And sometimes I don't even know that there is anything I am resisting.

In yoga,  I have been working on surrendering into the pose and allowing whatever emotions arise. And then coming back to my breath. Without forcing the pose or the emotions.

It's one of the reasons I have made this commitment to myself. To practice every day for a full year. To surrender to the things I am resisting.




No comments:

Post a Comment