Monday, December 1, 2014

Day 5: Joy

After 5 days off, it was back-to-work today. I realized how much joy my job brings me and how fortunate I am to be a part of an incredible and dedicated staff. I received several hugs today from students -- their joy was contagious. I carried that with me throughout the day. Better than caffeine or chocolate (in which I tend to over-indulge....) hugs combat stress and remind me of the reason I work in a school ~ the students.

They are unabashed in their enthusiasm and joy. As adults we have so much to learn from them. We constantly censor ourselves. So often our to-do lists and stress have us so wound up that we can't focus on what really matters.

People.

Relationships.

That is where we find joy.

Practicing yoga opens my heart and focuses my mind on what is important.

People.

And relationships.

And hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment