Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Day 6: Rhythm

For two days I have ended my work day and begun my evening with yoga. Regardless of when I practice yoga, it feels good to be taking the time out of my day to actually focus on me for awhile. It also provides a rhythm to the day that is useful, by marking the end of the workday and the beginning of the evening. For the past year I have had so much work-related work to do that I never felt that I could take the time to do anything for myself and the end result was that in the evening I either never stopped working or, alternatively, I avoided doing work-related work or anything that might need to get done around the house. The mental fatigue of this rhythm was utterly draining.

I know that taking the time for myself needs to happen whether I have ridiculous amounts of work to do or not. For whatever reason [topics for another blog altogether], I never felt that I could justify it.

Until now.

It's good to have a new rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment